Anti-wrinkle injections are a prescription only medicine, which are injected in tiny amounts into muscle, allowing it to relax and soften wrinkles.
They can be used to treat a variety of conditions including
- Frown lines (between the eyebrows – known as glabellar lines)
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet (around the corners of the eyes)
- Bunny lines
- A gummy smile
- To lift a droopy brow
- To help lift a down-turned mouth along with filler
- To treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- To treat teeth-grinding (bruxism).
- Excessive blinking (blepharospasm).
- Nefertiti lift – to provide a ‘lifting’ effect in the neck and jawline.
- To contour the lower face – Masseter treatment
This treatment can only be injected by a Doctor or Dentist following a consultation. Dr Brady aims for a natural and elegant result, rather than a ‘frozen face’. She uses tiny needles to administer the injections along with numbing cream or an ice pack to reduce any slight discomfort you may have. We use the leading brand of anti-wrinkle product – made by Allergan in Ireland – which has decades of safe use behind it.
Anti-wrinkle injections begin to work after 1 to 3 days and the full result can take up to 14 days to be fully seen. We see all our new patients back for a review appointment 2 to 3 weeks after their initial injections to assess their results and make sure they are happy.
Anti-wrinkle injections typically last 3 to 4 months. Results can vary from person to person as every patient is different with different lifestyle factors contributing to the result.
Treatment prices start from €250 for 1 area.